Connect with us


Active shooter suspect killed in an officer-involved shooting outside Curve Crest Villas apartment building

The identity of the suspect has not yet been released by authorities.



During an active shooter situation at a residential complex, Stillwater police fatally shot a man who was firing multiple rounds both inside and outside the complex.

The incident began when authorities received a call regarding an unknown medical issue, but quickly escalated as multiple reports of shots being fired came in.

When police arrived, they came under fire and returned fire, ultimately killing the suspect.

The police chief, Brian Mueller, was visibly emotional during a press conference following the incident.

The neighborhood where the incident occurred was filled with fear on a Saturday afternoon. The identity of the suspect has not yet been released by authorities.

According to Janet Chabot, a neighbor, she heard five or six shots, followed by the sound of sirens.

Police Chief Mueller reported that the suspect fired numerous rounds both inside and outside the location, causing harm to several individuals before the arrival of law enforcement.

Ambulances transported at least two people to nearby hospitals, but the chief did not have any updates on their conditions on Saturday night.

Fortunately, no officers were injured in the incident. A bullet struck a gas line, resulting in the gas being turned off to repair the damage.

The shooting was a frightening surprise for both Mueller and residents, particularly because the neighborhood is known for youth sports activity.

Neighbor Kathleen Fletcher expressed her concern for her grandchildren who play in the area, and Chief Mueller stated that he too was scared for the safety of the officers and residents.

He commended their response to the incident but acknowledged that it was a harrowing experience, particularly because such events are rare in Stillwater.

The police chief, Mueller, described the incident as a crime scene of significant magnitude. He also stated that the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is leading the investigation and is expected to maintain control of the scene until Sunday morning.