Connect with us


Suspect in random shooting at Circle K in Yakima shot and killed himself

Suspect Jarid Haddock dead after 3 killed in Yakima convenience store shooting



Update: Authorities announced on Tuesday that they had tracked down the individual suspected of killing three people at a convenience store in Yakima, Washington, after the suspect borrowed the cell phone of a stranger in order to call his mother and confess to what he had done, as stated in the aforementioned statement.

According to Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray, the suspect shot and killed himself as cops approached him while he was hiding behind some warehouses. According to him, there was no use of force on the part of the officers, and nobody got hurt.

Murray stated at a press conference that police had surrounded Jarid Haddock’s family house after Tuesday’s predawn murders, but he was not there. Instead, he went to a Target store in the city and borrowed a woman’s phone to call his mother.

According to Murray, the man threatened to kill himself during the discussion, which was overheard by the woman. During the chat, the man made damning words, such as “I killed those people,” and the woman heard them. According to Murray, the woman was able to retrieve her phone, distance herself from Haddock, and then dial 911 to report his whereabouts after she successfully removed herself from him.

Murray remarked, “I listened to that call, and it’s very frightening.” “I really need to thank her once more because she showed a lot of bravery in order for us to arrive there”.

Murray said that the police still didn’t know what led to the shootings. Haddock went into the Circle K store around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday and shot and killed two people who were getting food. He then went outside and shot another person in a car.

“There didn’t seem to be any trouble between the two sides,” Murray said, citing both witness statements and surveillance video. “The man came in and started shooting right away.”

According to Murray, he then walked to the other gas station on the other side of the street and began firing shots into his own car in an attempt to break into it after having locked himself out.

The authorities did not immediately make any public statements regarding the victims.

Original Report:

An early morning shooting at a service station in Yakima resulted in the deaths of three persons and injured one other person. The suspect and the police are now engaged in a standoff at this time.

At approximately 3:30 in the morning, the shooting took place at the Circle K located on Nob Hill Boulevard. According to the Yakima Police Department (YPD), the suspect went into the gas station and shot three victims who were already there. After that, he left the area, went across the street, and opened fire on a fourth individual who was sitting in a Chrysler at the Arco station. After the shooting, he got back into the Chrysler and fled the scene.

The officers who responded discovered three individuals who had already passed away at the spot. There is currently no information available regarding the condition of the fourth victim. Although the identity of the victims have not been made public at this time, it has been established that one of the victims is a male. On Wednesday, there will be one autopsy performed, and the remaining two are planned to take place on Thursday. According to the York Police Department, the shooting looked to be an act of random violence and was not targeted.

The suspect, named by the police as 21-year-old Jarid Haddock, was seen on surveillance footage, and he was captured on camera.

Haddock had barricaded himself inside a home on the 3400 block of west Birchfield at approximately 7:30 in the morning after police and SWAT had tracked the suspect to that location. At ten in the morning, Haddock’s mother arrived at the scene and began using a megaphone to communicate with her son in an effort to persuade him to leave the house. Despite this, the standoff continued throughout the morning until lunchtime.

FOX3 was able to get court documents that reveal Haddock faces accusations stretching all the way back to the year 2020 for the theft of a vehicle, possession of a stolen vehicle, and obstruction. During that particular occurrence, Haddock had gotten away with something while it was warming up. He tried to get away from the policemen who stopped him while he was driving the stolen vehicle, but he was eventually taken into custody by the officers.

More to follow….