Connect with us


Athena Brownfield allegedly killed on Christmas Day by caretaker Ivon Adams

The arrest affidavit states a 4-year-old missing girl from Cyril was killed by her caretaker and then buried on December 26th.



A child from Oklahoma who went missing when she was 4 years old is thought to have met a grisly end, according to new court filings.

Athena Brownfield, age 4, has been missing from the Cyril area for several days, and search teams and volunteers have been combing the area looking for her.

Officials with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation provided clarification on Monday that personnel were searching for Athena’s remains in the area.

Documents filed in court now provide further insight into the events that may have transpired about her case.

Athena Brownfield, age 4, was reported missing around 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon in the vicinity of the 200 block of West Nebraska in Cyril, according to the authorities.

According to the investigators, everything started when a postal worker reported discovering Brownfield’s sister, who was five years old, outside of the house.

The 5-year-old sister of Athena allegedly told the postal worker that she was “weary of being alone” after spending time alone at home, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

The moment the postal worker called the police to report the occurrence, Alysia Adams was contacted.

According to the records, Alysia Adams questioned policemen about Athena while speaking with them.

The child had been missing up until then.

According to court documents, the girls’ real mother left them with Alysia Adams and her husband, Ivon, for about one and a half to two years.

However, according to the authorities, Alysia and Ivon never took their children to the doctor for checkups and they didn’t put their 5-year-old child in school.

Agents of the OSBI placed Alyssa Adams in custody after receiving two separate reports of child neglect.

The following day, law enforcement officials reported that Adams’ husband, Ivon Adams, had been taken into custody in Phoenix, Arizona.

He is charged with both first-degree murder and not taking care of a child.

Alysia Adams told the police in the affidavit that she knew Athena was dead.

According to the paperwork filed in the case, Alyssa Adams allegedly told authorities that Ivon Adams beat Athena and held her up by her arms while it was around midnight on Christmas Day.

The report says that Athena “wasn’t moving, and her eyes were barely open.” He put her on the ground and hit her in the chest at least three more times. After that, [Athena] never moved again.”

According to the affidavit, Ivon Adams told Alysia that he buried Athena’s body next to a fence line that was close to their previous property in Grady County.

Athena’s dead body has not been discovered as of yet.